The Chronomètre Contemporain is the first watch in our founder’s collection, signed Rexhep Rexhepi. In terms of design, it is neo-classical in approach, distinguishing it from our main collection. A round case, with a subtly concave bezel and curved bevelled lugs, surrounds a grand feu enamel dial displaying the hours, minutes and seconds.
On the reverse, a transparent caseback reveals the hand-wound RR-01 calibre, strongly symmetrical in its construction and decorated with a variety of finishes. Particularly notable are the traditional barrel click, which draws attention to the single barrel holding 100 hours of power reserve, and the highly demanding mirror finish on the centre wheel bridge.
The multi-layered grand feu enamel dial speaks to the love of tradition that drives every timepiece we create
- Movement dimensions
- 30.00mm x 5.20 / 7.28
- 18,000 vph (2.5 Hz)
- Swiss lever escapement with an in-house developed variable inertiabalance wheel (10.5mm) using 4 adjustable weights. Hairspring with Breguet overcoil.
- The entire movement’s visible and non-visible parts have been hand finished to highest traditions of Geneva watchmaking, using classical techniques such as: anglage black polish, perlage, Côtes de Genève, Hand graining and polishing, hand engraving with rhodium treatment.
- 38mm x 9.5mm in 18k Red gold 5N or in 950Pt platinum Made of three parts with screwed case back and alternate polished and brushed finishing.
- Front sapphire; see-through case back with sapphire. Traditional Black Enamel Grand index and ornamental detailing on the Red Gold 5N version White Enamel Grand Feu with blue printing for the Platinum version. Hands : hour, minute and seconds on gold 18K “polibercé” (round polished)
- Power reserve
- 100 hours, one jeweled barrel which optimizes the efficiency by eliminating friction.
- Water resistance
- 3 ATM (30 meters)
- Calf leather Tang buckle either in Red gold 5N or 950Pt
- Chronometer Certification
- On client’s request and an additional cost the watch can be Chronometer certified by the Besançon Observatory. With this option the watch is being delivered with a “Bulletin de marche de chronométrie” after a thorough testing of the complete watch during 16 days consecutive
- 3 years. Any necessary work performed under guarantee extends the duration of the guarantee by one year.